Pages

Tuesday, November 3

Project #752 and Counting...

Outside a local antique store I found this great project chair for only $16! I’ve never redone the upholstery on a chair but would like to learn a new skill. I love the details on this chair but am a bit undecided on the new finish. Wondering about a style I spotted in a magazine with a light, creamy antiquing glaze over a darker base color. It gives the wood a wonderful old European look. The fabric is an easy decision – a light linen look with a script design.


This is a chair that probably won’t make it into an Attic sale. One must indulge once in a while! I just hope I complete the project before the house is redecorated (again).


If you have any helpful advice on reupholstering, I'd love to hear from you!
-Linda

1 comment:

Junebug Furniture and Design said...

Hi! Great chair...would love to see it when your finished! Thanks for the visit, and so glad you made it to the first Mad Hatter event. Love your blog, we'll be back to visit. Glad & Celia/Junebug