Pages

Thursday, November 5

An Angel Among Us


How did an angel come to live in our attic? A year ago, my husband and I were helping set up Sophia's Christmas display at a retail establishment when I spotted Angel in another part of the store. Lit prettily by candlelight, she hung suspended above a mantel decked out for the holiday. A very unique piece. But sadly, I left her there – we all struggle with temptations to bring things home, don't we? Later, my husband secretly returned to the store and purchased her as my Christmas gift. He even managed to hide this rather large angel (she is about 4 feet long!) in the house for several weeks until revealing the surprise on Christmas Eve. Angel became the inspiration for our business name and anchored last summer's Farm Chicks Antique Show display before taking center stage in Angel's Attic. Many have wished to buy her and take her home but this gift from my thoughtful husband is staying put!
-Linda

No comments: