Pages

Monday, November 30

Pretty Pocket Pies


Since apple pies are my favorite, I bought this little pocket pie "machine" at Williams Sonoma, just for fun.
There is a recipe on the box, but just mix up a batch of your favorite pie crust, peel and slice some apples, add sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pat of butter. (On our farm we had several huge Macintosh apple trees that provided many zillion quarts of applesauce, apple cider, and pies. I still search out Macs for my pies and sauce.)
It was easy - use the pie machine like a cookie cutter on the pie dough, then pop it in the machine, add apples (you can also use canned pie filling if in a hurry), add the top crust, crimp the edges closed and bake. 
Fun! My double 9-inch pie crust recipe made 6 pocket pies. I think I will roll the dough out a little thinner next time so they are more flaky and delicate. Nonetheless, they were eaten in a flash!
- Linda

No comments: