Pages

Monday, January 16

All In Good Time...

Hmmm, thought we could renovate our main floor bathroom over Christmas vacation. Eleven days off work and school. We'd have to work hard and have a can-do attitude, but thought we'd give it a whirl. Well, of course we didn't work on the actual holiday-days; so the days dwindled...

I'm happy to announce -
    that we're still working on the bathroom.
    On the Martin Luther King holiday.
Now I kid around that we should be done in eleven months.

Actually, it hasn't been too bad and we are taking the time necessary to do the job right. We still have another completely functional bathroom to use, even though we have to share it. So we aren't having to take our showers at the gym or anything. Too bad that Home Depot doesn't offer frequent flyer miles - they should be greeting us by name at the front door by now. I wish we'd started a number-of-trips-to-the-hardware-store log to see if we're creating any kind of world record.


Jon laughs at me, but since I am a very visual person I analyze where I can move forward on the fun, design stuff. That's why the new lighting is already installed, three of four walls are all painted, the fun towel hook that I've been saving for this room is up and waiting for new towels to arrive instead of the kitchen towel to remind Jon not to bang his head on the hook, and the glass apothecary jar full of soaps is already on a shelf (on the "good" side of the room!).


If you look on the other side of the room, there's a bit more work to do. Don't worry. I'll get there. I've already upwrapped the marble pebble shower floor tiles so I can try them with my bare feet. Important things first!!






1 comment:

Hollie Joy In The Morning said...

Shaping up beautifully!!=)
HOllie