Pages

Thursday, March 11

Spring!

We are excited to be experiencing an early Spring after struggling through two consecutive record-breaking, nasty winters. (Can you tell that I am NOT into snow and cold?)
So fun to be gathering the pots and seeds to get started on the best summer flowers ever. I think this every year! Maybe I'm a just a garden optimist.

This year I plan to plant more seeds than seedlings in an attempt to recreate some gorgeous flowers I had one season many years ago. Poppies, sweet peas, canterbury bells, balsam, bells of Ireland - all in a riot of color like the English cottage gardens I admire.

Have you heard about growing vegetables in your flower beds? I've seen this done even in large pots - sweet corn and leaf lettuce growing happily with bright annual flowers and it is cute, cute, cute! I'm hoping this will help foil the deer who think my sunflowers and cornstalks belong to them. Stay tuned...

No comments: