Pages

Monday, February 1

Treasure Chest

I've heard of these kind of things happening to other people, but never to us. Someone becomes aware of your love of all things vintage, then contacts you saying something along the lines of "I know you like old stuff and I have this old trunk that has been in my family for years. I wonder if you would want it?"

That was today. A very nice woman who visited our Angel's Attic Open House last fall called to tell us about an old trunk that had been in her family for over 100 years. She said she loved the work I had done with the vintage furniture we had for sale and wanted to give the trunk to someone who would "know what to do with it". The trunk has seen better days, but has a lot of beautiful details and a rich patina born of many hands and much travel. It has stories to tell. To top it off, she then further surprised me by apologizing because she had accidentally left some old linens and things in the trunk she had meant to throw away. (!)


Very cool. Apology accepted.

We had a lot of fun digging into the trunk to see what treasures might be inside. The generous previous owner insisted that we are welcome to resell any of it if we want to. We don't know yet what all we will do with it, but if you are curious about what we found, come to our Angel's Attic Open House in April. I'm sure some of it will make the display.

Thank you, Sue!
- Jon

No comments: